Senior Front End Developer
Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’ re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
Cars.com is seeking a Front End Developer to join its growing Technology team. The Front End Developer will collaborate with developers across Cars.com on best practices, standards, and trends through Communities of Practice.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Contribute to the solution from development through production deployment.
- Perform delivery (e.g. code, unit-test, and lead design/code review sessions).
- Work in a cross-functional environment (i.e. Product Owner, Scrum Master, UX Designers, and Architecture).
- Perform discovery (e.g. planning, sizing, POCs) to ensure success of delivery team.
- Ensure code quality is high, application is healthy, and tech debt is low.
- Self-motivated and team oriented
- Able to work in a cross functional team
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and find challenges motivating
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Node.js is preferred
- Solid knowledge of JSON/CSS and AJAX
- Solid knowledge of HTML
- Understanding of Object Oriented development is preferred
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience4-7 years of experience as web developer in an online/software venue
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming
- Understanding of Web Services concepts; RESTful API experience preferred
- Experience with developing applications on Node.js
- Past experience and/or advocate for front end best practices (e.g. JS unit-testing and continuous deployment)
- Agile/Scrum/Lean experience preferred