Senior Data Analyst (Vehicle Data)
Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’ re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
Cars.com is seeking an experienced and innovative Data Analyst with a passion for all things data. The Senior data analyst will be part of a data engineering team building state of the art data engineering pipelines and processes that enable great online consumer experiences on Cars.com.
- Function as a subject matter expert on Cars.com vehicle data, its source, usage and business application of the data.
- Collaborate with technical experts and business units (Product, Editorial, Architecture, Sales) to build a robust data platform and processes.
- Create and execute SQL/Hive queries to analyze data and troubleshoot potential data anomalies. This role will aid in the testing and validation of the delivered data products.
- Ensure quality, consistency and proper usage/interpretation of data.
- Solid understanding of database structures and data management fundamentals
- Strong analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have solid verbal and written communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Working experience in Agile/Lean environment is preferred
- Passion to proactively seek ways to improve processes and data quality/consistency
- Self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position and can constructively resolve problems
- Creative, resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Bachelor' s degree
- Advanced SQL skills
- 5+ years’ experience working within a large data environment (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop. NoSQL)
- Prior experience working with MDM systems
- Prior experience working as an analyst in a complex data environment for e-commerce company or similar.