Our Client is currently seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join the Chicago office.
We are currently seeking a driven Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) / C++ Developer with very strong analytical skills.
In this role you will be responsible for designing and testing automated tools that will monitor end-to-end functionality, performance, and version control of trading systems. You will be taking part in planning, organization, execution and delivery to solve engineering challenges.
To be considered for this role you must have advanced automation testing or development experience, Python programming skills, shell/Perl scripting experience and Unix/Linux experience.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with software developers and traders across all office locations
- Creating and executing test plans prior to the release of numerous internal software systems
- Signing off on releases as they are ready for deployment, including passing test plans and notifying system users
- Updating and creating specification documents
- Develop and plan all testing activities with enthusiasm and a natural ability to deliver on short timelines.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in designing an automated testing environment, preferably within the finance industry
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field from a top college or university (undergraduate or graduate)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, and experience with a scripting language such as Python, Perl, or shell
- Development experience with C++/C, Java is highly preferred
- Basic Linux systems administration skills and knowledge of a version control system such as Git, Mercurial, SVN
- The ability to build test plans from informal specifications given by developers and our Traders
- Prefer an Experienced Developer / SDET with a track record of achieving success in a high-paced, growth-oriented business environment where capabilities are continually stretched.
- Brilliant problem-solving skills, Organized and detail-oriented (extremely important)
- A passion for quality
- Have strong communication skills
- Have strong knowledge with systems programming
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Fully stocked kitchen; free breakfast and lunch every day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Friendly, informal work environment
- Office in Chicago' s River North area, close to public transportation
Our Client is a fast growing quantitative trading firm with offices in Chicago, New York City and London. Technology is at the heart of what we do and we believe combining carefully engineered systems with constant refinement of our strategies and execution is the basis for our long term success.