Quantitative Risk Developer - Cryptocurrency
660 W Lake S Chicago, IL 60661
Quantitative & Crypto Developer
Our client is an innovative financial exchange focused on cryptocurrency and emerging markets. Through its regulated subsidiaries, they operate a physical spot market, a regulated derivatives exchange and an innovative settlement system for institutional trading. A fast-growing company, they were founded in late 2015 and has since raised over $20m in venture financing to build out the future of trading. They recently sold a subsidiary to Dough, Inc., a major Chicago trading group. The organization' s founders, having met at MIT, have been highlighted as some of Chicago’ s ’ 20 in Their 20s’.
The Team Culture
Our client is an innovator guided by the following values:
Be Independent: There is no micromanaging here. Interested in taking orders? Look elsewhere. Come here, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility and accountability from day one.
Encounter Great People: Teamwork and collaboration are hard requisites. From science and finance to farming and nuclear engineering. They aren' t co-workers. They' re teammates.
Be Driven: They have a " get it done" attitude. They will champion you, challenge you, and push you. They will give you our all and expect the same in return.
Think Big: They are innovating by creating products that challenge the status quo. People will remind you of that. They want you to push back and defend your belief, and make it a reality.
By Dynamic: They expect you to work hard, promote a positive attitude and be available any time of the day.
Be Customer-Centric: Able to manage sophisticated trading customers when required.
Our client is a startup financial exchange focused on cryptocurrency and emerging markets. They are seeking a smart, driven individual with experience operating in the trading industry.
About the Role
The team is seeking an Quantitative & Crypto Researcher to assist in analyzing, modeling and building their risk infrastructure. They are seeking a smart, driven individual that can help us deliver an institutional experience. They are a high performing team looking for an equally ambitious teammate.
- Dive deep into the underlying cryptocurrency products available for trade on their platform.
- Research trading behaviors across their exchange and competitive exchanges.
- Conceive and develop risk models for cryptocurrency trading system.
- Construct liquidity metrics and flow valuation tools.
- Optimize settlements across large node networks.
- Develop cross margining and capital efficiency models.
- Frame-working risk GUIs for risk department.
- Assist in the integration of additional crypto currencies as a tradable product and settlement mechanism.
- MS in Stats, Comp Sci, Mathematics or closely related field.
- 4+ years experience in a quantitative research role.
- Comfortable in Python and/or R, and in querying PostgreSQL databases.
- Background in statistics and econometrics: cross-sectional and time series regression analysis, cross-correlations, covariance matrix decomposition, volatility models, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of financial theory including CAPM and violations, APT, Fama-French factors, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply academic literature. This will require a basic knowledge of linear algebra, calculus and set theory.
- Experience with settlement and compression systems preferred. Relevant experience from top tier bank, swap dealer, FX trading firm and/or regulating agency a big plus.
- Demonstrated ability to write white papers for professional audiences. Evidence of academic publications strongly preferred.
- Work in Chicago.
- Entrepreneurial and independent.