New York, NY
Our Client was founded in 1993 and has been registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as an Investment Adviser since 1994. Their primary offices are located in Dallas, San Francisco and New York.
The Quantitative Analyst/Data Scientist will focus on the integration and analysis of quantitative and fundamental data in the production of investment recommendations and portfolio risk management. The primary focus of this role will be to support the technological infrastructure and analytical research function of alternative data sources. In addition the Quantitative Analyst will have the opportunity to assist in the development and support of quantitative stock selection models, the measurement and analysis of portfolio risk, portfolio optimization, performance attribution and post trade analysis. The position requires strong quantitative and technical skills.
- Support the technological infrastructure and analytical research function of alternative data sources
- Develop and maintain production quantitative infrastructure and data feeds
- Provide support in enhancing existing quantitative technology infrastructure and analytic tools
- Undergraduate degree in math, statistics, computer science and/or engineering
- CFA, MBA or graduate level finance/mathematical related degree a plus
- 2 to 5 years work experience at another financial services firm in the area of quantitative research/analysis
- Strong knowledge of financial, mathematical and statistical theory and practice
- Experience with alternative data sources
- Strong ability to effectively communicate quantitative topics and concepts
- Strong technical skills in database and statistical packages: Matlab, Python, R, SAS, Clarifi, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MS-SQL, Excel, VBA
- Experience with AWS, Redshift
- Experience with portfolio construction and risk management tools
- Experience in working with financial data of non-US companies