Project Managers (Mid-Level and Senior)
The Senior Project Manager will own and manage IT projects across IT sub-departments, ensuring delivery of high quality projects within time and budget according to a pre-defined, consistent process. This role will also help develop project management best practices and evolve the project management and change management processes as a key member of the Project Management Center of Excellence. The position requires strong project management, program management, communication, organizational and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other Project Managers and other IT team members to ensure successful project delivery from project inception through closure.
- Create various project documents, including project charters, project plans, status reports, project risk assessments, and project gating presentations. Work with project team to ensure relevant project documentation is created.
- Provide project gating presentations to the IT Directors at various stage gates of their assigned projects.
- Report on the project pipeline, budget run, risks, issues and mitigation plans for their assigned projects.
- Resolve resource, timing or other conflicts between projects.
- Contribute to the project management best practices and standards within IT.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree
- A minimum of 8 years of experience managing increasingly complex, global, enterprise projects including package implementation, client-server, stand-alone applications and web development.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to process and methodology improvements
- Demonstrated knowledge and execution of project management practices, tools and methodologies, including an appropriate project management tool (Microsoft Project, Workfront, etc.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Master’ s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Management Information Systems
- Legal experience
- Experience with transactional systems, particularly in the accounting, finance or human resources functional areas or experience in knowledge management area.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Executive presentation skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize and balance resources/needs across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- User of good judgment with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Work harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
- Preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Work under well pressure and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job