The Program Manager is responsible for our client’ s overall success in delivering key programs, managing execution of simultaneous, complex implementation and development projects from approval through scale production. The Program Manager will form and manage a program team according to requirements and success criteria.
The Program Manager will:
- Build a Project Management Office (PMO) with robust capability
- Be a coach, developer, and leader in a culture committed to operational excellence in delivery and dedicated to client and program success
- Partner with the Leadership Team to establish metrics and dashboards to provide transparency and governance to key programs
- Lead transformation in the health industry through large-scale programs, leveraging disruptive technologies and business models
- Act as a thought partner to client leaders on program goals and achievement
- Lead engagement and implementation activities with new and existing customers, including definition, planning, and delivery of engagements, business cases, and success criteria.
- Maintain customer relationships to drive satisfaction and net promoter score.
- Form, convene, and manage cross-functional program teams, collaborating with other members of the team to drive client success.
- Manage overall program progress, timelines, risks, and key performance indicators.
- Manage the co-design, co-implementation, and roll-out of solutions to ensure success and satisfaction.
- Manage creation and delivery of training, coaching, and support of applications as required for client and program success.
- Identify, develop, and implement required program management tools, processes, reporting, and quality/performance measures.
- Track program against schedule, budget, and objectives, reporting status to executive staff and clients on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
- Manage project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in scope, schedule and costs.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Develop and own repository of Project Management knowledge, best practices, lessons learned, and resources.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Guide delivery efforts across a matrixed team and concurrent projects
- Own the necessary delivery documents, including but not limited to project plans, issues and action logs, status reporting, and risk mitigation.
- Facilitate the identification of project impacts across business areas.
- Contribute to key internal initiatives to drive efficiencies and best practices for delivery.
- Previous healthcare experience, preferably in large-scale health provider transformation, implementation, or development programs, and/or the following sectors: healthcare IT, electronic medical record (EMR), analytics, systems integration, data warehouse and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Expertise coordinating team work products, and the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience in developing/operating a Project Management Office (PMO).
- Creative problem-solving skills with adapting approach as needed for each engagement.
- Absolute integrity and strong, hands-on work ethic.
- Demonstrated expertise in Project Management tools, techniques, and software applications.
- Experience in leading and managing by influence across various organizational levels, cultural diversity and/or geographically dispersed resources.
- Ability to effectively handle conflict through proactive action and direct and timely communication.
- Capacity to adapt and lead others to understand and accept values, strategies, goals and plans in response to changing business conditions.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously.
Expected travel up to 40% as necessary to ensure program success. Remote engagement tools are highly leveraged to collaborate between client and internal teams.
Required Education and Experience
- 10+ years of experience with health care relevant management and/or consulting experience, program management or project management in a technical environment
- At least five years previous program management experience.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent in a technical, business or financial discipline.
- MBA or other relevant Masters degree
- Experience in the following disciplines: software development lifecycle management, healthcare analytics, clinical systems, healthcare quality initiatives, healthcare terminology
- Six Sigma training or PMP project management certification
- Expertise in manipulating data using Excel, Access and other data analysis and visualization tools