Program Management Senior Analyst (HR Systems)
The Senior Program Analyst performs analysis activities that support the decision making regarding matching technology solutions (package selection, configuration, development) with business, user, and functional needs from stakeholders. This involves conducting market research, functional comparisons, and staying abreast of what is being done at other law firms and professional services firms.
The Senior Program Analyst partners with the appropriate business stakeholders and the Program Manager to prioritize and create a project roadmap for their assigned area, in this case the area of Learning/Training and Human Capital Management (Core Human Resources, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management, Time and Attendance, Employee Self Service, Benefits Administration, Reporting/Analytics, etc.). With the business and IT teams, they maintain a set of institutional knowledge of what is working well within the program and what needs improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and prioritize their needs, creating a roadmap of projects for their assigned area.
- Seek input of user experience and business analysts to determine potential improvements to their assigned products.
- Stay abreast of best practices being done at other firms, and technology developments that may impact the area. Act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders and the Program Manager to influence the technology decisions for the area based on this knowledge.
- Analyze and consolidate all perspectives on the project – business needs, user experience, security, training, risk, time, cost, technology architecture, procurement/vendor management, operational considerations, etc. – to help the Firm reach the best technology decisions.
- Drives projects and business teams toward achieving intended business results within a specified time and budget.
- Performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path issues.
- Preparation and analysis of business user needs into the necessary documentation (requirements, use cases, traceability matrix, design documentation, test scripts, etc.)
- Review and reporting of program/project status.
- Preparation of materials for briefings and presentations to large size groups of key decision makers at the executive level.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Program Analyst, Project Coordinator or related role
- Experience with Human Capital Management systems (Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle HCM, etc.)
- Experience in current technology trends
- Law firm experience
- Master’ s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Management Information Systems
- Project Management certification
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities