Production Reliability Engineer - Trading Team (Chicago or NY)
New York, NY 10010
Production Reliability Engineer – NYC – (on a trading desk)
As Production Reliability Engineer on the team you will take ownership of trading issues, operational issues, and the deployment process for the team' s production trading, with a focus on making the processes scalable, fault-tolerant, and entirely automated. This will involve writing and maintaining a complex python infrastructure, as well as ensuring that the production servers are properly configured, and that various sources of information for production processes are kept up-to-date. You will also help maintain a robust pre-release automated testing process. Working with the team, and with wider parts of the firm, you will be responsible for identifying and fixing issues preventing trading or deployment of new code. This will involve being the primary point of contact when issues do arise, even outside of normal working hours.
You will be joining a small team, with a variety of academic and software engineering backgrounds, working on their own proprietary trading algorithms. The team' s approach is quantitatively-driven, with a focus on well-designed code and automating every process that can be automated.
You will be a valued developer on the team, building and improving the team’ s existing python and C++ infrastructure, finding and fixing bugs, and reviewing pull requests. You will have freedom to pursue your own projects to help the team’ s trading, and be responsible for managing your own workload and priorities.
Skills You’ ll Need:
- You will have the high attention-to-detail necessary to manage and debug production processes
- You will be excited to take ownership of mission-critical systems
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to work closely with people from a variety of teams across the firm
- You will be able to manage your own priorities and have context-switching ability required to work on several projects at once
- You will be an excellent software engineer, with the ability to do complex debugging, design work, and problem solving
- Deep knowledge of python is required as well as deep understanding of unix-based operating systems
- You will be proficient in at least one scripting language
- Ideally you will also be familiar with C++
- You will be intellectually curious, with a desire to learn new skills, and will enjoy thinking critically about how to improve existing processes
- Preferred but not required: Experience in the trading industry