Product Manager - Platforms
New York, NY
PRODUCT MANAGER, PLATFORMS
New York, New York, United States
Exciting opportunity to be the product manager for a new application services framework in a dynamic, and evolving, engineering organization. Work with engineering partners to define the vision, strategy, and long-term roadmap for the next generation services architecture. The ideal candidate will a deep understanding of different types of micro-services style architectures, and service deployment, execution and management frameworks. We are seeking a high energy product manager with a demonstrated record of success in partnering with engineering teams to deliver high impact products. Key skills include: market analysis, strategy formation, deep understanding of software development practices, ability to define customer scenarios and requirements, product roadmaps, and success/performance indicators, among other PM skills.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Partner with engineering to define, own, and maintain the vision and strategy for the next generation services framework for the firm.
- Perform both external, and internal, market analysis to understanding emerging trends, technologies, and practices.
- Engage with the customer community, be the chief customer advocate and represent the needs, interests, and priorities of a diverse, and sophisticated, set of stakeholders
- Define market problem statements, end-to-end user scenarios, functional/technical requirements, and measures of success
- Exercise strategic influence, and build consensus, and buy-in, for services framework strategy
- Balance product vision with customer feedback to form a coherent strategy, including design, user requirements, market assessments, scalable delivery plan and marketing strategy
- Define product MVP, and be the maintainer of the product feature roadmap
- Define service life cycle standards and policies that drive service API contracts
- Partner with adjacent engineering teams to drive strategic alignment, manage dependencies, and mitigate project risks
- Be the Sales and Marketing team for new services framework, develop go-to-market plans, and collateral
- Be the chief product evangelist, drive customer engagement, and adoption
- Navigate a highly matrixed environment and successfully drive a transformational technology agenda.
The ideal candidate will have extensive professional experience in the following areas:
- Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience with Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures (REST APIs)
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team
- Proven experience of managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Exposure and understanding of prevalent container technologies, including container authoring and orchestration.
- Metrics driven, can draw insights from large data sets to improve product focus
- Experience working with customers, to ensure correct use of services
- Platform product engineering and/or management with expertise in enterprise PaaS, and IaaS
- Working with micro-services, and deep understanding of micro-services architecture, design, and service life-cycle management
- Software or technology product management. Strong technology background, including prior development/engineering experience desired.
- Service oriented architecture and Agile development methodologies
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines or equivalent experience in technical leadership roles.