Product Manager - Historical Market Data
New York, NY
Product Manager, Historical Market Data Historical Market Data (HMD) is a division of the Engineering department, and is responsible for the collection, storage, and delivery of reliable and optimized historical market data recordings as used in simulation, back testing, and predictive signal modeling by internal trading teams. The HMD Product Manager is responsible for maintaining a cohesive picture of customer engagement, product requirements, ongoing projects, product cost, and appropriate measures of product quality.
The Product Manager manages the entire lifecycle of products from initial concept through delivery and ultimately replacement with successor products.
The Product Manager is also responsible for maintaining a business view of products and ensures that all appropriate artifacts are available to make informed decisions that integrate customer needs, competitor intelligence, technical considerations and financial factors.
The Product Manager maintains this “ big picture” view in high quality, clear and concise form, and is able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Equally important, the Product Manager maintains detailed specifications for current Product capabilities and requested enhancements that are thoroughly analyzed and “ developer ready” for implementation.
- Developing and fostering relationships with stakeholders (Trading Teams, Business Management, Compliance, and Risk) outside of the Core Engineering team
- Defining the vision, design, architecture, and goals of the product
- Defining milestones into a roadmap and creating a well thought iterative plan of execution
- Creating problem statements, developing metrics for success, and ensuring alignment among all stakeholders
- Working with engineering team(s) to tease out implementation details, identify dependencies, and creatively manage through roadblocks
- Regularly communicating the impact of feature or schedule changes to impacted teams
- Collaborating with clients and stakeholders on KPI measurements of product success
- Working with QA and Support teams on quality and operational readiness Qualifications
- At least five years of experience managing multiple technical projects concurrently
- At least two years of experience in the brokerage or securities industry (preferred)
- A general knowledge of algorithmic trading, which may include high-frequency trading, stat arb, market microstructure, order types, collocation, and regulatory issues (preferred)
- Experience with risk systems (preferred)
- Market data project experience (preferred)
- Understanding of data management, binary formats, compression, and storage technologies (preferred)
- A bachelor’ s degree (or higher) in computer science, business/finance, or a related field
- Strong problem-solving skills with a penchant for execution
- A strong understanding of modern software development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Ability to deliver in a high-pressure environment