New Title: Digital Strategy and Analytics Manager (was Search Engine Marketing Manager)
Search Engine Marketing Manager
Barcodes, Inc. is North America’ s leading provider of barcode, mobile computing, point-of-sale and RFID products and solutions. Launched in 1994, Barcodes, Inc. has earned its reputation as a top value-added reseller and integrator in the auto ID and data collection industry. We provide, integrate and support enterprise asset intelligence and mobility solutions. These solutions enable organizations to capture and manage data about their assets, people and transactions to improve productivity, provide an enhanced customer experience and achieve better results. We market to potential and existing customers via the industry’ s leading website, barcodesinc.com.
Due to tremendous growth, we are looking to add an Search Engine Marketing Manager who will develop, recommend, and execute marketing programs to acquire new customers while successfully achieving ROI goals across Barcodes eCommerce ecosystem. This position is accountable for recommending investment strategy and optimizing media mix for a multi-million dollar budget, spanning multiple brands, platforms, and regions.
Directly manages several digital agencies. Requires close collaboration with development, site marketing, product management, and brand marketing teams. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, eCommerce.
- Develop a comprehensive online marketing strategy in partnership with key stakeholders geared towards driving direct revenue, lead generation, customer acquisition and customer retention
- Manage portfolio of performance marketing channels including paid search, comparison shopping engines, affiliate, display/retargeting, paid social. This includes channel strategy, KPI setting, media planning, forecasting, creative development, budget allocation, analysis, and ongoing optimization efforts.
- Translate business needs into media strategies. Partner with cross-functional marketing teams, including Brand and Product, to drive aligned consumer experiences and identify opportunities for operational and performance efficiencies
- Own forecast and revenue target driven by acquisition channels
- Manage day-to-day agency relationship, including media briefings, creative / messaging direction, and tracking to KPIs[DK1] [BY2]
- Project manage execution of marketing plans in partnership with agency and cross-functional partners
- Partner with product and engineering to build new capabilities to enable digital marketing
- Create weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to evaluate performance against forecast
- Partner with agency to develop SEO strategies including content development and backend optimizations
- Define requirements and tasks; partner with marketing, product and engineering teams to execute implementation of SEO strategies[DK3] [BY4]
- Monitor and evaluate organic search results and performance to improve rankings[BY5]
- Use data and analytics to identify opportunities for optimization and form hypotheses to test
- Design, execute, and analyze tests to optimize performance; scale winners
- Identify growth opportunities and emerging media trends. Pilot new tactics.
- Reports to the Sr. Manager, eCommerce
- Collaborate with the following internal teams on a regular basis:
- eCommerce Marketing – search engine marketing
- Finance – budget, forecasting, ROI models
- Operations/Product Management– Category taxonomy, product information, inventory availability, promotional calendar, onsite search, site refreshes
- Development – product feeds, site tagging
- Creative – display banners, site testing, A/B testing, and usability
- IT – local inventory, domain names and hosting
- Brand Marketing – secondary media buys, brand alignment
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Marketing, Business or Finance required
- 4 - 7 years with a proven track-record of developing and growing profitable online marketing programs via SEM, Affiliates, Comparison Shoping Engines, Mobile and Display channels.[BY6]
- Experience using Adwords and Bing Ads, experience with Double-click a plus[BY7]
- Experience with web analytical tools such as Omniture and Google Analytics
- Must be analytical and comfortable working with data[BY8]
- This is a highly visible role, responsible for driving sales for ecommerce. Requires a strong attention to detail and proficiency with technical tools and systems.
- Experience managing outside agency resources
- A knowledge & passion for commerce/shopping trends and delivering a best-in-class user experience to our consumers
- Excellent communication skills to effectively integrate with key stakeholders across the company and various business units
[DK1]Does this exist in SEM world?
[BY2]Yes, leave it
[DK3] [DK3]Does this exist in SEM world?
[BY4]Remove both SEO bullets
[BY5]Remove this section