Machine Learning Researcher/Data Scientist
72 Cummings Point Road Stamford NYC, NY 10012
Machine Learning Researcher
Researchers are responsible for applying, adapting, and extending existing results in the broad field of machine learning, while also conducting novel research as required. We are interested in all aspects of ML including: predictive modeling, clustering, time series analysis, natural language processing, and computer vision. Successful researchers manage all aspects of the research process including methodology selection, data collection and analysis, implementation and testing, prototyping, and performance evaluation.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- PhD or PhD candidate in machine learning, computer science, statistics, or a related field.
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills, along with a healthy streak of creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Passion for seeing research through from initial conception to eventual application.
- Curiosity about financial markets
- Strong scientific programming in Python, R or Matlab.
- Empirical, detail-oriented mindset.
- Sense of ownership of his/her work, working well both independently and within a small collaborative team.