Lean Sigma Program Manager
Title: Lean/Six Sigma Program Manager Dept: Information Services
Reports To: Director Global Information Services FLSA: Exempt
Position Control/ Job Code: 30001058 Updated: February 25, 2015
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Lean Sigma Project Manager will be required to build, expand and support a continuous improvement framework to be applied to Global Information Services (GIS) internal processes and business projects involving the introduction of new technology. This person dvocates and enables the tools and methodologies to promote process excellence and performance measurement. These tools may include, but are not limited to Lean, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Data Analysis, A3/DMAIC and KPI management. This position may aslo lead projects for new technology implementation nternal to Global Information Services or in the Arthrex business functions. This position will generally support the education and training of GIS employees in the tools, language and methodologies of process improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Lean, Six Sigma workshops for GIS and business technology projects.
- Provide coaching and leadership in the deployment of Lean/Six Sigma principles, systems, and tools
- Engage business-facing technology teams and identify opportunites for application of Lean/Six Sigma services.
- Determine correct strategy to achieve process improvement objectives for a particular project or area of GIS or Arthrex business functions.
- Provide expert Lean and Six Sigma advice and technical support to those engaged improvement activities.
- Engage in project management activities as required including leadership of small to medium-sized projects.
- Provide Lean/Six Sigma formal instruction including development and delivery of training or classes.
- Learn GIS processes and key performance indicators and develop a reliable approach to measuring them.
- Determin goals and objectives for development of Lean/Six Sigma capabilities within GIS.
- Regularly present progress and contributions of the Lean/Six Sigma function within GIS.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Business, Engineering or related field required.
- MBA Preferred
- At least 7 years experience Practicing Lean and 6 Sigma experience working with multiple business and IT functions.
- Six Sigma Black Belt required
- Lean training required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Passion for learning and Process Focused
- Value Stream Mapping Knowledge
- Continual improvement process through Kaizen Methodology
- Comfortable at implementing significant change through formal OCM methodologies
- Ability to execute without direct authority
- Innovative by nature with proven track record
- Proven track record in people and project management.
- Ability to interact with multiple layers and diverse responsibility groups within IT, Business and IT Compliance department.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.