New York, NY
Bloomberg has a reputation for providing the most accurate, comprehensive, and valuable financial information. Whether pulling together a PowerPoint presentation for management or manipulating a financial model in Excel, our clients interact with Bloomberg’ s data in their workflow. Our job is to not only make that possible, but to make it as easy as possible.
Who are we? Bloomberg’ s Application Integration team. We do what our name implies – we streamline our client’ s workflow by combining Bloomberg tools and data with Microsoft Office products (desktop and web/cloud). For example, when a stock price changes, so does the chart, presentation, and proposal our client created – automatically!
Where do you come in? You’ ll bring your technical expertise and curiosity to help build the next generation web add-ins & applications for Microsoft Office.
We’ ll trust you to:
- Analyze business requirements, collaborate with internal development groups, and design & build compelling user interfaces that bring the power of Bloomberg to our global client-base
- Push past standard tools and tricks to come up with bright solutions for integrations
- Take ownership of projects while collaborating with us, your teammates, following an agile and test-driven approach
- 3+ years of designing and building successful web applications
- Strong OOD/OOP skills, experience with software development principles, Agile methodologies, and applying modern design patterns
- Experience with client side JS frameworks (e.g. AngularJS, React)
- Familiarity with GIT source control
- Ability to estimate, plan, and execute complex technical projects
- Working knowledge of modern C++, C#, and .NET
If this sounds like you, apply! We’ ll get in touch if we think you’ re a good match and get started with a technical phone interview. If that goes well, we’ ll invite you onsite to meet our team and of course, demo the products you’ ll work on.