What you' ll be doing:
- Working closely with users to build rich and interactive single page applications.
- Developing a full product from inception to production, including: identifying the business needs, user experience, backend processing, and product evangelism.
- Pushing the limits of browser performance by building highly responsive web front-ends using the latest technology.
- Innovation! In some cases there will be clear needs of problems that need to be solved. In other cases, you' ll be coming up with ideas yourself.
- Collaborating with various Software and IT teams, Quants and trading desks
Some of the key skills are:
- Ability to pick up new programming languages and technologies to suite the problem at hand
- Deep understanding of how the browser works, including HTTP, WebSockets, etc.
- Knowledge of the Chrome developer tools
- Development on Linux or OSX systems; familiar with bash scripting
- Experience with multiple of the following: React, Backbone, Angular, and jQuery
- Full stack experience using back-end technologies like node.js, python, or rails
- BS. degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- ES6/2015 experience using babel and/or webpack
- Trading industry experience
- Experience innovating and developing quantitative visual displays