Java Web Developer
Java Web Developer
OppLoans is a fast growing FinTech startup that offers personal
loans across the United States. Our dynamic team works to deliver the best customer experience and products in the industry. We are located at Millennium Park in the heart of Chicago. Check us out at www.opploans.com!
- INC 500 - 2016 list of Fastest-Growing Companies
- Built In Chicago - 2016 Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
- Glassdoor - 5 Star Rating on Employee Reviews
Tired of the same old job? Do you want to learn a business inside and out, not just a small piece? Are you ready to wear multiple hats to gain deep experience? If you are ready, come join the team!
OppLoans is seeking a Java Web Developer to support a rapidly growing Fintech environment.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Position Type: Full-time/Regular
- Lead small teams and projects as the “ go to guy”
- Design, develop & maintain backend services and restful apis
- Integrate with 3rd party apis to send and consume data
- Writing unit tests and integration tests for max coverage
- Improve the design of the code as the product evolves
- Deploy and test code to ensure no defects
- Work with business operations to turn requirements into technical solutions
- Be a team player / laugh and have fun / strive to get better
- Expert knowledge of Java web applications (at least 4 years)
- Strong understanding of object oriented and design principles
- Deep knowledge of threading, collections, and performance
- Familiarity with WebSockets, Java Servlets, JSON/GSON, Apache Tomcat
- Understanding of Spring/Spring boot framework
- Experience writing unit tests in JUnit and Selenium for functional tests
- Working in an agile scrum development team
- Excellent communicator, amazing at documentation
- Knowledge of PostGreSql is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS Code Pipeline is a plus
Work with some of the best and brightest in the Chicago FinTech space, and enjoy these perks:
- Great opportunities to influence brand, marketing department, and character of company.
- Healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free shuttle rides to Metra stations.
- Free gym membership.
- Casual dress policy.
- 401(k) match program.
- Competitive salary and benefits package with free medical options.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Equal opportunity employer.