Java Software Engineer - Options Team
Our client is a principal trading firm, which means no outside investors or third party funds, and they trade for their own account in markets around the world.
Our Client is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with an expertise in Java to join a team of highly talented technologists tasked with building a proprietary options trading platform. Your role will focus on all areas of software engineering, including design, development, implementation, testing, and post-trade analysis while using the latest technologies and low latency techniques.
To qualify for this role, you:
- have 2+ years experience using Java on Linux in the trading industry, or a similarly demanding field.
- have 2+ years experience developing options trading software
- can demonstrate expertise in network and concurrent programming involving low latency and high message rates
- can demonstrate expertise in JVM selection and performance tuning
- can demonstrate expertise in data analysis
- can operate in multiple language domains, including Java, C++, and Python
- have strong verbal and written communication skills
- have a BS in Computer Science or a related field from a top university
Bonus points if you have:
- experience with complex systems or distributed programming
- contributed to open source projects in a challenging field
- have a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- a demonstrated interest in keeping up with new developments in programming languages and other relevant technologies.