Java Development Lead
Who We Are
Networked Insights is a Big Data & Analytics company focused on social media data. Our SaaS platform, Kairos, processes, classifies, and analyzes hundreds of millions of social posts per day, helping marketers from the world’ s leading brands uncover meaningful and valuable insights. Our technology makes it easy for them to create the best content, invest in the right media, and track their success in real time.
What You’ ll Do
Our Engineering Lead will help build up our suite of world-class analytics products as a development leader, an individual contributor, and a mentor. In our environment, things can change very quickly, and we need someone who can roll with it, while still keeping our team focused on what is most important. You will be a go-to person for our engineers, product teams, and business folks, while also being called upon to make design choices, set code standards, and code out solutions. So kind of a technical Swiss Army Knife with flames painted along the sides.
- Lead a team of engineers of varying experience levels to develop new applications
- Take ownership of whatever is most needed, whether that be coordinating with other teams, helping with design decisions, or producing a chunk of code for the application
- Help your team overcome obstacles and solve tricky development problems
- Work with with members of different teams to make sure that what our team is building is what we actually need (you out there know how often this can become a problem)
- Help us improve our software development practices and introduce new approaches
What You’ ll Need
- 7-10+ years of hands-on technical experience with a record of individual achievement writing components and code in a team environment
- Expert Java development skills (Java EE)
- Strong experience delivering software to end customers (SaaS is best)
- Experience with Linux, Spring, Web Services, Postgres, Node and Lucene.
- Preferred experience with Big Data technologies and frameworks (ElasticSearch, Storm, NoSQL platforms and many others)
- Familiarity with technologies that leverage cloud environments
- Enough experience in development to know what works and what doesn' t when it comes to things like unit testing, code reviews, design documentation and iterative development
Who You Are?
- Passionate about enabling others on your team to succeed
- Motivated to create and maintain the best code possible
- Excited about the Big Data revolution, with a passion for creating applications that translate huge collections of data into actionable insights
- Self-directed learner who is constantly pursuing knowledge of new technologies and tools
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and efficiently, and easily adapt to change
What You’ ll Get
- Ownership and challenge in your work
- Collaborate with intelligent and highly skilled coworkers
- Competitive compensation, including Stock and Equity Options
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
- Company Culture that is Committed to Work-Life Balance for each and every employee
- Casual office environment with a startup feel – We have a particular fondness for Peanut M&Ms
- Fantastic Downtown Location connected to the Merchandise Mart
If you are interested and think you can keep up with our team, then we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.