Infrastructure Analyst III - Data Protection Engineer
Ft Myers, FL
Design, implementation, administration, monitoring, and support of computer infrastructure systems, services, and applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead small-to-mid-sized GIS projects and project teams.
- Analyze and recommend solutions, upgrades, and services for streamlining and system improvements.
- Support of hardware/software maintenance to include troubleshooting, installation and upgrades, Level 3 support.
- Support multiple locations worldwide (domestic and international travel may be required).
- Complete GIS operational tasks, project tasks, and end user support duties as assigned.
- Assist with architecture and design of infrastructure solutions and methodology.
- Resolve incidents through effective troubleshooting methodology, Level 3.
- Maintain accurate updated documentation while performing essential job duties.
- Liaison with vendors, partners, and external resources.
- Assist other analyst with troubleshooting and fulfillment processes.
- Ability to train other staff on technical operations.
- Subject matter expert on the operation, maintenance, management, and deployment of multiple computer infrastructure hardware/software solutions.
Role-specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as escalation point and technical SME for all Data Protection issues (Backup/Restore, Archive, Disaster Recovery).
- Stability and operational management of the Data Protection platform.
- Provide rapid response to Sev 1/Critical issues which might occur in support of Tier 1 platforms.
- Responsible for following change control procedures to plan/test/implement infrastructure changes in coordination with business owners and/or internal customers.
- Design and oversee the operational life-cycle for all Data Protections systems.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five years of experience in supporting computer infrastructure hardware, applications, and systems required.
- Bachelor’ s degree required, Master’ s degree preferred.
- Computer infrastructure-centered certifications required.
- Expert-level understanding of EMC Networker and Data Domain platforms is required.
- Expert-level understanding of enterprise-class Disaster Recovery solutions is required. Knowledge of this in the public-Cloud context is preferred, but not required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job preferred.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.