Finance & Accounting Analyst
Finance & Accounting Analyst (Temp to Hire) at Built In
Visit their site
Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in six major tech markets. We are our target market. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs.
By working at Built In you' ll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness.
We currently operate six sites in Chicago (BuiltInChicago.com), Los Angeles (BuiltInLA.com), Colorado (BuiltInColorado.com), Austin (BuiltInAustin.com), NYC (BuiltInNYC.com) and Boston (BuiltInBoston.com), and are headquartered in Chicago.
We are looking for a finance and accounting analyst that is comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment, brings energy and passion to everything they do and will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of finance and accounting, including, but not limited to;
- Assist with month and quarter end close process, including account reconciliations
- Assist with daily bookkeeping duties
- Assist with the application of customer cash receipts and discrepancy inquiries
- Support our Accounts payable & expense management process
- Creation of monthly departmental expense reports and budget vs. actual comparisons
- Support our customer billing processes (ensuring invoices are entered & issued appropriately)
- Assist with data analysis and cleanup of sales contracts (i.e. data entry and reconciliation)
- Assist sales team with data entry and reporting out of Salesforce.com
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of financial forecasts and quarterly Board of Directors presentation schedules
- Assist with the annual audit and maintenance of team internal controls
- Work with the team to help us fine-tune operational processes and to implement new initiatives
- You should have a bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- You should have a good understanding of GAAP Accounting Principles and basic financial concepts
- You must also love numbers, spreadsheets and data
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Working knowledge of QuickBooks and SalesForce is preferred, but not required.
- You should have experience working in a startup environment.
- You must be comfortable working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment and be okay with constructive feedback.
What We Value
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too. You also know when to roll-up your sleeves and when to leverage help from others.
- Communication- You should have the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. A bias towards action, seeking constructive feedback from customers, peers, and your team, and measurement and iteration are part of your natural process.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services; and (3) Helping others. This is what we do. This is non-negotiable.
- Willingness to work around the clock, or sort of – The job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers and employees outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
- Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which isn’ t too hard, we think!) as well as all the members vital to the community in which you are building. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality and overall fit over a degree.