FIX Connectivity Developer/Engineer
Title: FIX Connectivity Developer/Engineer
A Software Engineer in the Execution Services Technology group will work closely with members of trading desks and other members of broader technology organization. This individual is expected to provide technical expertise to support, enhance, and refresh the routing, connectivity, and execution infrastructure across various trading businesses. (S)he must demonstrate ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner. The role will utilize C++ / Object-Oriented analysis, design, and programming to develop robust, flexible software solutions. Focus will be on reusable ultra-high performance messaging applications and infrastructure.
- Responsible for the design, development and deployment of new and existing infrastructure components pertaining to routing, high performance communication, and connectivity (internal & external).
- Responsible for proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
- Responsible for enhancing and extending the infrastructure and communication libraries used by the various trading platforms.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with trading desk, level 1 support, and peer technology teams.
- Provide day-to-day level 2 application support for multiple trading applications and infrastructure globally.
- Track, analyze and report on all production related outages and incidents
- Monitor real-time events and implement solutions for production environments
- Participate in client specific/client wide rollout/campaign initiatives
- Assist with coordinating business events, releases and participate in testing/training
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle steps.
- 5+ years experience in C++ in a Unix/Linux environment.
- 5+ years experience in multi-threaded and real time programming w/ trading applications.
- Experience working with FIX, Tibco, and/or other high performance messaging systems.
- Experience with Boost, STL, and/or other template based libraries.
- Experience with realtime or near-realtime high volume messaging systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid skills in Perl, SQL, and other scripting languages. Sybase experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of financial products and trading platforms is a plus.
- Passion for solving investment business problems through the use of technology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented.
- Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity.
- Self starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, (s)he will be affective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.