Director of Technology - Big Data & Cloud
- Lead delivery of critical program(s)/project(s) that are strategically aligned to business strategy and objectives. The Director will partner with their leadership team, technology executives and business clients and aid to define technology strategies and will directly manage the initiative/program or set of programs that deliver on said strategies. Aid with driving business unit financials, BPQ process and requirements across the business units’ initiatives/programs.
- Provides program delivery and end-to-end management of large scale business impacting initiatives both directly and through management of a team of project managers and requirements analysts.
- Creates and executes large scale program and project plans as a result of strategic long-term company initiatives.
- Engages with business leaders and clients to understand business needs and translates these needs into executable solutions.
- Works with their leadership as needed to manage expectations, requirements gathering and the BPQ process for large scale initiatives and programs.
- Leads team(s) of technology employees through programs and projects that create, enhance or maintain applications, platforms, and/or technology systems and processes.
- Drive consistent project and program management disciplines that result in on-time, quality and on budget project delivery.
- Aid with driving program and/or business unit financials
- Establish strong relationships with key internal Clients, CoEs and other technology stake holders and create convergence by demonstrating credibility, empathy and expertise on business and technical issues.
- Solve resourcing needs with Fulltime staff or third party staff augmentation
- Manage, coach and development of Fulltime team(s)
- Budget Responsibility: 5 million +
- Key interface relationships (internal and external): external Clients, internal Business Leaders
- Number of employees managed: 5-10
- Number of employees indirectly managed: 5-15
- Number of third party employees (contractors/outsourced) managed directly/indirectly: 20 - 80
- The role is global/regional/ local: varies
- Breadth of functions under management: multiple
- Other factors indicating size/complexity of role: Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and handle work requests with a sense of urgency.
- E- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
- E- 12+ years experience in a large scale corporate Technology department
- E 6+ Years experience of hands-on programming
- Experience in leading multiple Scrum teams thru Agile practice
- Hands on experience in cloud connected big data / large data sets
- Experience working with distributed teams across various time zones, and countries.
- E- 6+ years experience leading large scale technology teams
- E- 6+ years experience in program management
- E- 6+ years experience of direct employee management
- E- 3+ years experience managing vendors offshore and onshore
- E- Knowledge in architectural design and development across multiple technologies
- E- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams
- P- Masters degree in computer science, computer engineering, software technology or a related field
- P- Hands on development and/or architecture experience