Dev Ops Engineer
Our Client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to help support our state of the art trading systems, based in our fabulous office in Houston.
As a member of the Operations Engineering team, you will be doing work that directly affects our ability to trade every day. We are continually developing and improving our applications, which is where you come in. We are responsible for the rollout, configuration and monitoring of production software and for the production of tools to continually improve the way in which we do this. We are responsible for ensuring that our systems uptime is maximized. Our Ops Engineering team is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated individual to help design, build, and realize the next iteration of continuous delivery pipelines. You will work with a strong team of developers & analysts that will create, maintain and support the tools and software that make up our mission-critical trading applications.
What you’ ll do:
- Help to enhance our monitoring of alerts from the production environment and ensure a speedy resolution of issues.
- Build tools to support the configuration, deployment and monitoring of our Trading Systems
- Work with the development team to highlight recurring issues and to help with guiding the development team towards producing robust, supportable applications.
- Help to promote and improve standards within the wider group. You will work with our business partners and software developers
- Champion Continual Service Improvement activities
- Ensure that support documentation is produced, maintained and improved
- Performing data analysis
- Develop reports, work flows, web pages to maximize efficiency of the support function.
- Participate in the Support Rotation of our global trading systems
- Deploy and support complex 3rd party and internally developed applications
- Ensure that we maintain all interfaces with external vendors, each with its own way of operating.
- Manage and participate in cross-functional projects (E.g. Data Centre deployments, new market / assetclass investigations)
What you’ ll have:
Linux and its associated toolset (We don' t need you to be able to write a complicated awk script from your head, but armed with the internet, you probably could)
Some programming language skills, such as Python (C++ would be great)
Deployment Tools and Continuous Integration Tools. Things like Ansible, Jenkins
- Networking. Know your TCP from your UDP
- An ability to write great, testable code in a variety of high level languages
- A never-ending desire to develop scripts/tools and to automate manual tasks
- A tenacious spirit, getting to the bottom of issues that you have not seen before
- A solid understanding of good software engineering practices
- A strong understanding of application change control
- You have excellent collaboration and partnering skills. You can effectively listen, communicate, challenge and influence team members, immediate peer group, and other teams
- Good networking knowledge, able to use tools such as Wireshark
- You are comfortable taking ownership and responsibility of issues and manage effectively through to resolution
- You have some financial industry exposure or knowledge
What you’ ll get:
- The unique opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate experts who take pride in delivering results.
- Attractive compensation and bonus structure
- Generous benefit plan structure including an option for fully paid health insurance premiums for individuals
- Free catered lunches every day with snacks and beverages provided daily
- Weekly in-house professional massages, tickets to sporting and theater events
- Casual dress
- Company events, often including employees' families.
Who we are:
A dynamic, technology-driven firm supporting a large-scale quantitative trading operation across a wide range of global financial markets. Founded in 1998 our client is one of the pioneers in quantitative investment management with a track record of consistent profitability under varying market conditions.