Data Production Analysts
Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
We' re seeking talented Data Production Analysts at various levels to help grow our Central Data Organization. Data is the foundation of our investment strategy and the effective management of data in its various forms (both structured and unstructured) is critical to maintaining the expansion of our firm.
We offer the opportunity to work in a new and rapidly growing organization within a leading global hedge fund. Our team is at the forefront of big data and leveraging cutting edge tools and techniques. We place high value on the exchange of ideas and on creativity and innovation. This role is perfect for someone who is trying to build their career in Big Data and Analytics while working in a fast paced environment.
Key job responsibilities include:
· Data Collection, Cleansing and Processing
· Design, development, and deployment of new and existing components pertaining to research and data.
· Build Quality assurance checks to detect anomalies in data.
· Evaluation and data modeling for new data sources.
· Collaboration with the research and trading teams.
· Serve as a core committer and eventual library maintainer
· 2-5 years’ experience in data production / analysis
· Very strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
· Ability to demonstrate prior delivery in a demanding and fast paced environment.
· Prior experience in finance / financial services is NOT necessary
· Obsessive attention to detail
· Understanding of common sources of data issues
· Comfortable with html parsing / xpath manipulation / Web data extraction
· Experience in Linux / Shell scripting
· Experience programming in Python and/or R
· Experience with SQL (MSSQL/RedShift) / NoSQL (e.g., Mongo, Cassandra) a plus
Bachelor degree in a technical field (e.g., CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, Finance, Economics)