Lead Data Engineer / Architect
This architect role will have you partner with our analytics group to deliver complex pipelines and algorithms on our new analytics platform. You will be responsible for architecture and some implementation that delivers modularity, maintainability, and performance. You' ll lead the build and integration of tools that deliver value to the analytics and data science groups, and will help drive the direction of the analytics platform.
You will be hands-on, and will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and its solutions. You will be directly responsible for supporting product innovation and contributing to recommendations to employ leading-edge technology. The position requires a high degree of expertise in current big data and database technologies and competency to work on the most complex projects. This position works on broad, highly-visible, strategic software development projects in an extremely complex and evolving technical and business environment.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, implement and document software applications and business systems of the highest complexity.
- Prototype software components and incorporate reusable assets into the application design.
- In collaboration with Architect Leaders, and as a result of a high degree of business engagement, develop plans for building application solutions and environments that address the company' s business and technological strategies and are conducive to quick, inexpensive systems delivery.
- Participate on project teams
- Define, document, and implement conceptual designs consisting of data strategy, business processes, application interfaces, and technology solutions.
- Define and implement a structure and design framework including applications design;
end-user environment; hardware, software and network environment; and methodologies and standards.
- Train, coach, and share technical and business knowledge with less experienced staff
- Develop software code which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies requirements for highly-complex or business-critical applications.
- Provide systems support to clients and support staff:
- Research, assess, and facilitate enhancements and resolution of incidents
- Key interface relationships (internal and external): technology teams, analytics teams, product key stakeholders
- Number of employees managed: 0-5
- Number of employees indirectly managed: 0-10
- The role is based in Chicago:
Role Requirements (list the critical experience, knowledge, qualifications, skills, and competencies needed to perform this role - over and above standard Nielsen leadership and personal effectiveness competencies). Mark each with E=essential, P=preferred.
E- Bachelor' s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
E- In-depth knowledge of software development technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards and trends.
E- Experience in application architecture and design techniques and familiarity with data modeling and relational database techniques.
E- Extensive, practical experience with building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems in a team environment.
E- Demonstrated project coordination skills and leadership abilities using a process-oriented focus.
E- Expert interpersonal skills.
P- Comprehensive understanding of the online media business environment, including product offerings, strategic direction and practices, and procedures in order to properly plan and execute appropriate designs.
P- Industry experience in Market Research, Advertising or Media