Customer Support Lead
We have been hired by a local Chicago SaaS startup whose mission is to build software that helps small business owners to manage the financial needs of their company. Their tools save these business owners time and money, allowing them to focus on what is most important to the success of their business.
Our client is entering into a period of rapid growth, and are seeking a Customer Support Lead who can manage the expanding needs of their business, while maintaining an extremely high standard of customer service and success.
This is a full time position with our direct client.
WHAT YOU' LL DO:
As a Customer Support Lead, you will build and oversee a team of Customer Support Representatives, represent the voice of the customer to the product team, build out new processes and trainings, all while also remaining in very close contact with the customers themselves. They need someone capable of building and leading a department, who also doesn’ t feel above answering support calls as they come in.
- Lead, mentor, organize, and scale a team that is committed to delivering a the highest possible quality of experience to their customers
- Handle front line and escalated phone calls, chats, and emails from customers
- Day to day oversight and management of the customer support team and create and improve processes and policies as required
- Define and measure key performance indicators, such as NPS and response time and report
- Be a voice of the customer and an advocate for constant improvement.
- Work across the company with marketing, sales, product, engineering and operations to support company goals and initiatives
WHAT YOU’ LL NEED:
- 5+ years working in increasingly challenging customer support roles, with minimum of 3 years of Customer Support team management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience managing and growing a team of Customer Support professionals
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to cover hours as needed between 7am and 8pm CST
- Unflappable personality with willingness to confront whatever challenge is most needed, ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities, and a bias for action even in the midst of ambiguity
WHAT WOULD BE IDEAL:
- Experience with support through chat, email and phone systems like Zendesk and RingCentral. Ideal candidate will be able to direct team training on proper system workflows, procedures and usage
- Expertise with CRM systems, including the ability to analyze metrics for decision making and operational changes
- Experience in financial services, payments, processing (prepaid, debit, credit)
- Experience with small and medium business products is a big plus.