C++ Core Developer
32 Old Slip 30th Fl. New York, NY 10005
Working as a developer, means working on a small, highly productive and efficient team. We know you see " Trading" in our name and assume you' ll be relegated to some dark corner to code for the " business" but this impression is entirely wrong. A fully automated trading firm based in NYC, the code you write *is* our business, so it is everyone' s job, top to bottom, to make sure our core dev team has everything they need to do their jobs well.
So, we are looking for all-star programmers who love to code, like being challenged, hate to climb corporate ladders, and don' t mind the added bonus of having hard work rewarded through recognition and extremely competitive compensation. Software developers are integral to the success of our trading, and they know it. You can always expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets, and find yourself working on critical software in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
Distributed system is on the Pareto frontier of latency and throughput. Here you' ll do machine learning over huge datasets in a massive compute cluster. Deep knowledge of C++, OS internals, CPU architecture, and networking hardware and protocol are critical to a developer' s success.
- Brilliant optimization, design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Expert C++ programming skills with a thorough understanding of the language (abstraction mechanisms, STL)
- Expertise with UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer related... you' ll find like-minded people here.
- You possess a bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- Can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do?
We have built one of the world' s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
We are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impedes the generation or implementation of ideas.