Business Strategy Associate
Our Client’ s Business Advisory team partners with operations, technology, risk, and front-office teams to identify, design and implement innovative solutions focused on enabling the cutting edge operational and technological capabilities essential to supporting our clients position as a leading quantitative-based trading firm.
As an Associate, you will define, lead and manage delivery of a diverse set of cross-functional business and technology improvement initiatives designed to promote the achievement of the firm’ s strategic growth and efficiency goals. In addition to managing delivery, you will be empowered to identify, design and implement innovative solutions to improve cross-functional integration, process automation and technology. This role requires an energetic, results-oriented individual committed to effective communication, fostering trusting relationships, improving processes, and dedicated to driving innovation.
What you' ll do:
- Effectively lead the management and delivery of a diverse set of operations and technology initiatives with a focus on identifying, designing and implementing creative and innovative process and technology improvement solutions to promote achievement of firm growth and efficiency goals.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activities including, but not limited to, leading meetings and team communications, and delivering stakeholder-level progress reports and status updates to senior management.
- Propose innovative solutions to achieve organizational and stakeholder goals, including delivery approaches consistent with firm culture and values.
- Integrate and synthesize information from multiple sources, including use of business domain knowledge, in order to identify and analyze complex business and data requirements.
- Identify and develop business and functional requirements documents, including use cases, test plans, training and implementation roadmaps to drive solution design and development.
- Exercise strong risk management and troubleshooting skills, coupled with ability to exercise mature judgment to proactively resolve business issues and mitigate risk.
- Employ effective organizational and communications skills to manage competing initiatives and stakeholder priorities.
- Foster partnership across business and technology stakeholder groups through the design and deployment of purpose-driven, risk-conscious approaches to develop quality deliverables.
- Consult with firm-wide leaders to foster collaboration, excellent team dynamics, group motivation, and continuous improvement of initiative management methodologies and toolsets.
- Evolve into a go-to resource for firm specific subject matter knowledge to enable thoughtful identification of process and technology improvement opportunities.
Skills you' ll need:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a consulting, strategy or business analysis environment, preferably within financial services or technology sectors
- Extensive experience managing process and technology improvement initiatives, and managing communications across business and technology stakeholders
- Highly resourceful, self-starter with superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, with an ability to communicate ideas and solutions effectively
- Ability to learn quickly and excel in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Familiarity Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, and Access) skills, familiarity with JIRA preferred
- Familiarity with a variety of operating systems (e.g., Linux) and programming languages (e.g., C++, Python) is a plus
- Advanced degree preferred, but not required