Big Data Lead - Java/Kafka
New York, NY
- Design and develop highly scalable, fault tolerant solutions
- Lead from the front in building a configurable, operational independent system while understanding the challenges surrounding the current implementations.
- Work effectively in a small, adaptable, agile team focused on business value and operational independence
- Incorporate and adapt multiple technologies to help reach our goals of enterprise-wide usage and support for data-in-motion
- Understand and enforce the right balance between innovation, experimentation, and delivering completed features to production in a timely manner
- Understand the core business and apply the technologies to other use cases that drive the client facing business
- 5+ years of experience programming enterprise solutions in Java/Scala
- 3+ years of experience in Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache HBase or any other big data technologies
- Excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, object-oriented design and multi-threading
- Stellar problem solving & communication skills and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
- Experience with low-latency, high-volume, and high-availability distributed systems to support real time use cases.