The AV Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical hardware and software support for the Firm’ s Conference facilities. Provides AV Technical Support to users by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup, test, maintain, operate, and tear down all audiovisual (AV) and videoconference (VTC) equipment, e.g., video data projection systems, computers, audio- and videoconference equipment, microphones, video cameras, audio systems, and control systems. Provide best effort assistance to fulfill any multimedia technical needs as assigned.
- Provide basic in room PC, laptop, email, wireless internet access and PowerPoint setup support. Coordinate with Service Desk for advanced support, if required.
- Execute all aspects of videoconferences including call set up, end user training, troubleshooting, and follow through on escalation of issues.
- Provide consultation and education to all levels of end users on presentation technology equipment. Troubleshoot AV and videoconferencing related technology (various projectors, control systems, audio and videoconferencing).
- Perform regular testing of all AV and VTC equipment, as well as other Conference Center technical systems, e.g., wireless Internet access, shade controls, light controls.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance checks for all AV and VTC equipment. Maintain an appropriate inventory of spare AV and VTC equipment and parts.
- Maintain conference room integrity and escalate housekeeping and technical issues outside of AV and conferencing technology and applications to appropriate department.
- Respond to and resolve Service Desk calls as escalated, including working with vendors to resolve complex problems.
- Using a variety of means, maintain a high level of current awareness of new technologies and technology trends associated assigned applications and areas of discipline.
- Provide asset management of all AV and VTC equipment.
- Perform AV and VTC equipment moves, changes and exchanges.
- Perform or facilitate repairs of AV and VTC equipment.
- Provide best effort assistance to fulfill any audiovisual technical requirements as assigned.
- Assist with special projects and/or other duties, as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years videoconferencing and presentation technologies experience
- A minimum of 3 years customer service experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of the operation and troubleshooting of AV and videoconferencing related technology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).Knowledge of WebEx, GoToMeeting, Abode Connect, or similar Web conferencing and/or Webcasting applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cisco video endpoints, Cisco Jabber and Crestron control devices.
- Strong dedication to customer service.
- Experience working in a fast paced conference center environment
- Experience with Windows compatible personal computers and Microsoft applications.
- Required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Required to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- CTS Certification
- Prior experience in a law firm or service industry.
- Industry relevant training or technical courses a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion